Friday, March 16, 2007

Current Weight: 340.5, Pounds Lost: 6

O_O


That's all I could do this morning, stare at the scale in wide buggy eyed wonder.. 6 whole pounds?! Two days ago I cried into my cereal and today I'm 6 pounds down! Only one more pound and I'm completely out of the 40's.. Its crazy! I can't stop smiling. After a couple of really small weight loss weigh-ins I was afraid I was just maintaining or going to lose a pound a week (which isn't bad, I'd take that in a heartbeat). This time I'm doing the happy dance where everyone can see it! :)



.....


A friend of mine gave me the saying in the picture below. I've put it on my desk and on my fridge at home and I keep repeating it to myself throughout the day. I have a feeling it will be my new mantra! Don't exchange what you want most for what you want at the moment. Binging on food may be what I want at the time but it won't give me what I want most, to be healthy and slim and enjoying life to the fullest extent possible. I'm going to do my best to imprint that into my heart and mind and soul so that I never forget it!


6 comments:

Shauna said...

kick ASS! what a result! well done vamp :)

Megan said...

First off: CONGRATS!!! Look how far you've come already! You're awesome! I'm so proud of you. You're inspiring me, so keep it up!

I just realized that although I read your blog religously, I haven't commented much. I didn't want you to think I'm not hanging around.

Anyhow, that saying is so perfect. I'm going to write it down and put it on my fridge, too.

Vamp said...

Thank you so much ladies, I'm so excited! (I'm also bored as heck at work right now and fighting a craving for munchies, oi)

I honestly didn't think when I'd first started that I'd get even this far.. We started our BL competition in mid January so I've actually lost 22 pounds since then. I'm not counting the whole weight though since I started the blog at 357, not 362.5. :)

Honi said...

Great post and I love that Mantra..
You can do this thing we call changing our life.. You can do this on step at a time..
I believe in you and that you can achieve what you want the most..

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's terrific. I'm glad you're doing so well.

Debbie
http://www.ILoveToCheatDiet.com/blog

ali4579@gmail.com said...

What a fantastic mantra... I'll be repeating that lots!

6 pounds is very well done indeed!