Monday, February 19, 2007

Things Are A Changin' (for the better)

I know it's only been a week.. but.. I think I notice some differences and they've made me very excited! I really should go take my before photos before it gets too late. So what have I noticed so far? Well Saturday I went to Catherine's and tried on some clothes.. Normally I shoot for the biggest size, the 30-32's or 5X because they're the only things that fit. Since I went with my step-mom she talked me into only trying on 26-28's or 4X's and everything (barring one pair of jeans, grr) fit! And fit well! I put on the 5X shirt I'd been wearing and realized it was oodles too big. I don't know if it's from my activities recently or if I've finally opened my eyes and realized I was swimming in my big clothes. I'd like to think it's the recent workouts!

Speaking of, I went to water aerobics on Saturday and I swear that instructor must have been a prison torturer in her previous life because she seriously kicked my butt! She did about 15-20 mins of abs and my muscles are STILL aching today. I can't cough or sneeze or move quickly without all sorts of pain. I didn't let it stop me though, yesterday I got on the treadmill for 10.5 mins and was actually able to walk faster (2.5 instead of 2.0)! Usually by about minute 8 my back is cramped so bad (yeah, the weight has really hurt my lower back) that I'm literally draped over the treadmill and my legs are still walking it.. This time I didn't have to do that and that's a huge change! I had to grab the handles a couple of times when I lost my rhythm but for the most part I was doing great all on my own. I've noticed in the past couple of days that my back is feeling so much better. It usually is a huge ball of pain in the lower right hand side of my back that after 10 mins or so starts cramping and hurting and it's still feeling stiff but nowhere near as painful! I also did music for the first time using my iPod instead of watching TV and it seemed to work out well. I need to find some fast and moving music though because I have a lot of slow stuff on the iPod right now.. I can create a workout playlist.

I'm back off to water aerobics again tonight and making sure to walk the treadmill now.. I'm so very excited at the way things are going.. I'm trying hard to not eat bread or pasta or rice or fruit (although had a thin crust Thai chicken pizza yesterday) and I'm sure I won't be 100% free of those, just like.. umm... 75%. heehehehe..

Oh! I saved the biggest news for last! I got on the scale this morning ( I know, I know, I should only weigh in once a week on my Friday weigh in but I did so good this weekend I HAD to check!) and I'm down 5 pounds from Friday to 350. Yay! I'm hoping it stays that way until Friday, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Susie H said...

Just found your blog through your Half of Me comment. Way to go, lady!! You sound really motivated, which is awesome. Every minute longer on the treadmill, every minute longer spent walking is a victory, isn't it?
I'm not exercising yet, except trying to walk further here and there (parking at the back of lots, etc.), but I am really tracking my food intake. I see you posted about FitDay, which is my total hero for a website! I use it every day. The first couple of weeks, I spent some time logging in my own brands of things, etc. but every day it gets more simple as more of my common foods are already in the tracker. Logging every cookie, etc. keeps me honest with myself. Another thing that is helping me is weighing foods and measuring portions - I was totally overserving myself so many things before. You can check out my blog at knitfarmhealthspa.blogspot.com or my FitDay journals at http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=susieknits

Good luck! I'll keep on checking in to see how things go for ya!

Vamp said...

Thank you so much susie! I'm going to check out your blog right now.. The more support we have the better we'll be able to do, I'm sure of it! I want to surround myself with positive people and hope it rubs off on me. I too am a portion hog.. hmmm I smell a new post later. :P

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations, Vamp! I, too, found your link on Half of Me, and I'm so glad I did. It's encouraging to hear from you (and others) as you reach for your weight removal goals. ;) Weight removal by blogging is so much more fun than journaling! Good job on the exercising and keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

PastaQueen sure is a traffic booster!
If you want to make playlists with a specific beats per minute rate (which helps tons to keep a constant pace) I recommend you The Repacer at http://www.bestworkoutmusic.com/

You can download it for free to try it but to make long playlists you'll need the full version.
Still, if you have tons of music, this software is a must, you can modify the pace of your favorite tunes.
And now they have the Beat Scanner which searches for music in your desired pace to make playlists, not modifying required! I haven't downloaded yet but it sound really useful too.

I sound like I work for them but I don't, I swear! I just love their software.

Vamp said...

Thanks anabell I'll give it a try! :)

Megan said...

I guess I'm a follower; I found you, just like the others, through your comment on Half of Me. I'm so proud of you for starting your journey. I'm starting mine now, too. While I appreciate the blogs of those who have lost weight already, I am grateful for new blogs like yours because I can relate to the beginning so much more! I will definitely keep checking in on you and your journey. We can do this together!

http://prideandpoundage.blogspot.com/
(That's my weight loss blog that isn't linked in my profile...just in case you were curious.)