Friday, February 16, 2007

Starting weight: 357, Current Weight: 355, Goal Weight: 180

So today was my first official weigh in since the beginning of this blog and I could barely even sleep last night I was so freaking nervous! I even got up this morning and dolled myself up all pretty (like if I looked good the scale would be nice to me if I flirted with it, lol) with necklaces and rings and bracelets and earrings. As soon as I got to work I marched right to the scale and stepped on, praying to all that was holy that there was some sort of change, and there was! Even though I was tempted to remove my shoes to get better numbers I know for a fact that I weighed in the shoes last time and it would just be cheating.. *sigh* Woe is me for being so damned honest.

I've lost 2 pounds. I have to say, I know that's a good start but I feel kind of disappointed! I thought that since my size was so large that the first several pounds would just "melt" away but they seem to be stubbornly attached to my butt! I even walked the treadmill every evening all week long but here I am, only 2 pounds gone. :(

On the upside I increased my time on the treadmill from 5 minutes to 10 and instead of fiddling with the speed I kept it at a steady 2.0 and managed to walk .31 of a mile! I'll hit that mile mark one of these days, I just know it! I only had to stop because my calves were cramping and my back was sore.. I wish I could get past the muscle aches and pains because I'm sure I could do so much more.. I'll just keep at it though and do 10 minutes tonight too. I'm hoping to get in to water aerobics tomorrow morning at 9am as well so I'm just going to keep trudging along and doing my best.. maybe I'll be surprised at next week's number. I know, I know, slow and steady wins the race.. And it's a long long race to get into Onederland!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

well done vamp, woohoo! you're off to a great start :)

Vamp said...

Thanks Shauna, I really appreciate your post, you're the best! ^_^