Thursday, February 15, 2007

Somebody Kill Me!

Okay, maybe not literally, but holy jesus every muscle I didn't even knew I had is aching today! I made it to water aerobics and for the first few minutes was completely alone in the pool. The instructor finally showed up and we waited a few minutes before starting but since it was Valentine's Day (and really yucky out) it turns out we were the only two people for the class. It was like a personal training session! I don't think I've ever sweated so hard in my life.. the scary part was she told me she was going easy on me since I hadn't done it in a while.. O_O I worked the entire hour and limply made my way to the car to go home and it took me several moments to get up the stairs and in to my apartment as my legs were soooo tired. I have to admit, that was a fantastic workout.

I couldn't help myself, after doing so well last night (and did five minutes on the treadmill before I went to aerobics) I just had to see what the scale said.. We're doing a Biggest Loser Competition at work and my personal scale goes to 400 pounds so I brought it in to work and went and weighed in there this morning.. I was at 355.5, same as yesterday but when I took my shoes off I was only 351! I didn't realize my shoes were that heavy! (hee hee) The official weigh in isn't until tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll lose a pound or two by then and be able to post my first loss in this blog. :)

I found a couple of great new websites that I'm sure to become regulars on.. One is 3fatchicks.com and there is a 300+ forum that I'm so happy to see! So many times on websites the "fat chicks" are closer to my goal weight than my ACTUAL weight! They have been so nice there and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and hanging out there frequently. It will be nice to actually be around people who know how it feels when someone says "Just start walking around the block" and you're thinking "I can't even walk to my car!". The other website (found via 3fatchicks) is FitDay.com. It's an online food diary and exercise calculator. This is exactly what I needed! I'll be attending a diabetes education class with a nutritionist and I've been asked to keep a food diary and this is perfect. It's also nice to see that already my food intake is less than the calories I'm burning. It just makes me more and more motivated! I didn't think I'd be this happy and this darn sore at the same exact time... hee hee ^_^

No comments: