Thursday, April 19, 2007

A whole new world


Oh man, I haven’t been doing well at keeping this updated, have I? I don’t know what it is, the routine got old and I can’t seem to settle back in to it properly. It may have been just being sick and getting totally off of my goals and I’m trying really hard to rein myself back in but so far haven’t succeeded well enough yet.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not doing horrible! I’m still losing or maintaining for the most part and I’m not over huddled in the corner shoving brownies into my mouth or anything but mmmmm brownies sound great just about now. ^_^ I find that if I don’t keep a hard eye on everything things seem to creep back in slowly but surely. Coffee in the mornings, the occasional soda, ‘just a few’ chocolates, bigger portion sizes, etc. They just sneak back in when I let my guard down!

I don’t want to stress about it though, the whole deal for me is about changing my habits and lifestyle and getting more active. I don’t have to have boiled chicken and bland vegetables and a rigid exercise schedule every day in order for me to be happy. As long as I go to aerobics 3-4 times a week, I’m happy. As long as I turn down sweets and fattening foods 99% of the time, I’m happy. If I limit my sodas to once a week or the occasional coffee, I’m happy. I want to be happy with the occasional indulgences to the dark side. J

One slice of pizza, not a whole pie, that kind of thing. I don’t have to be perfect and I don’t have to beat myself up because I had a piece of chocolate or decided to leave the cheese ON my sandwich instead of abstaining. It’s a whole new world!

1 comment:

Honi said...

hmmm.. I think ... you are doing great.. one step at a time ... We are kind of doing the same thing... the life style changes are the most important... and doing it slowly is far better than limiting everything and totally giving up in the long run.. I think we will have better success taking one step at time and one change at a time...