Thursday, April 12, 2007

Someone pass me a Kleenex.. *collapse*

Oh man, having a sinus infection is NOT fun. I was sick all last week and managed to drag myself to work every day and continued to work through my haze of fever and congestion. I went out drinking with my friends (and my dad oddly enough) on Friday night and WHAM, Saturday morning I woke up and felt like someone had punched me in the face around my eye and cheek bone. For a second there I wondered what went on Friday night but I wasn't THAT drunk.. Drunk enough for a $65 bar tab but not drunk enough to remember what I did or didn't do!! ^_^

I managed to suffer through the weekend but by Monday morning I'd barely slept and was alternating hot and cold packs over my face and pretty heavy pain killers. I finally decided to have an emergency visit to the doctor's office and ended up with a pretty major decongestant and high dose antibiotics.. I stayed home Monday and Tuesday and if I hadn't have been out of sick days I would have probably been out yesterday too! I'm finally feeling better but my face is still very very painful, I can barely touch it and when I do (I can't help touching it, really I can't!) it makes it all throb and pain again. The downside to all the sickness is A) it hasn't affected my appetite and B) I've been too sick to go work out!

Fortunately though I weigh in tomorrow and my peeks on the scale look promising so even though I've been sick and eating comfort food and haven't been able to work out I may still see some results. I'm pretty proud that even with the comfort foods I'm still making healthier choices and trying to watch my portion amounts.

Speaking of, I went to the buffet last night with my mom and 8 year old brother and realized how different my attitude towards the food and the experience were from dinners past. Normally I would have tried to fill 3-4 plates of whatever looked yummiest and then waited a bit and had a few mixed desserts just to 'try' everything and chase it down with sodas and chocolate milk until I was so full you'd have to roll me out of there. Last night I had a good sized salad with a very very light coating of ranch dressing, a small spoonful of macaroni & cheese (just to taste it!), two bites of potato salad, and a buttery roll. My second plate involved ONE spoonful of mashed potatoes with a little bit of gravy and a second roll. Dessert was a few bites of maple nut cake and a few bites of ice cream and I stuck with water. All and all not a bad meal! I tried what I wanted and satisfied myself with just a few bites and moved on from there.. It gives me hope that my attitudes are changing! I'll be posting tomorrow with the latest numbers, see y'all on the flip side. ^_^

2 comments:

Honi said...

So glad to see you posting.. been checking every day for a new post.. sorry you are under the weather.. feel better soon and good luck with the weigh in!!!

Vamp said...

Thanks! I think I just ruined it tonight with a big load of pizza for dinner.. Sheesh I'll be glad when I can get back into a structured rhythm!